Share your story
We need your help! Tell your story at Gala in a 15-30 second video on what your Hope is for a future without T1D. We want everything from the serious (I hope to not go to the hospital again), to the more light-hearted (I hope to be able to eat a big piece of chocolate cake). You also don't have to have T1D to share your hope, what is your hope for your friends or family?
We want the real story, so your video doesn't have to be professional. You can send in a video off of your phone! This is your chance to tell us what “a world without type 1 diabetes” looks like for you and why it’s so important that we work together to accomplish this mission.
What we need in the video:
1. Keep the videos to 15-30 seconds in length
2. Make sure we can hear what is being said
3. If there is time, show the person doing something that they love (art, singing, playing, etc.)
4. Wear darker/solid colors
5. Make sure to focus on your hopes, "I hope…We hope…"
1. Ask questions on the video. Have the person/people be ready to just start by saying, “I hope, we hope…”
2. Film in dark or noisy areas
In addition, please send the following information:
1. Name of person in the video
2. How they are touched by T1D
3. At what age diagnosed
4. How old they are now
Send videos submission to: [email protected] by February 16th, 2018.
Youth Ambassador Spotlight: Clayton Brock
Meet another of our wonderful Youth Ambassadors you'll be seeing on event night.
Age when diagnosed: 9 Current Age: 12
What is your favorite color/thing/place:
Yellow, Disney World and hitting a baseball is my favorite thing.
What do you want to be when you grow up:
A professional baseball player
Why do you hope to find a cure for T1D:
So I can eat carbs without covering and to save lives!
Thank you, Clayton, you're a home run in our book!